Friday, March 19, 2021

WHEN was the HOLY SPIRIT Given?

 

JESUS said:

John 14:16 

King James Version

16 And I will pray the Father, 

and he shall give you another Comforter, 

that he may abide with you for ever;


When was the Holy Spirit given to believers?

Scripture very clearly states the following:


The living water was to be given when Jesus would be glorified.

John 7:37-39 (KJV)

37 In the last day, 

that great day of the feast, 

Jesus stood and cried, saying, 

If any man thirst, 

let him come unto me, 

and drink.

38 He that believeth on me, 

as the scripture hath said, 

out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, 

which they that believe on him should receive: 

for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; 

because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)


It was only when Jesus left, that the Comforter could come unto believers.

John 16:7 (KJV)

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; 

It is expedient for you that I go away: 

for if I go not away, 

the Comforter will not come unto you; 

but if I depart, 

I will send him unto you.


The Holy Spirit had to come for the following reasons:

John 16:8-15 (KJV)

8 And when he is come, 

he will reprove* the world of sin, 

and of righteousness, 

and of judgment:

9 Of sin, 

because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, 

because I go to my Father, 

and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, 

because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, 

but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, 

the Spirit of truth, 

is come, 

he will guide you into all truth

for he shall not speak of himself; 

but whatsoever he shall hear, 

that shall he speak: 

and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me

for he shall receive of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine

therefore said I, 

that he shall take of mine, 

and shall shew it unto you.


*Reprove means to admonish, censure, or correct.


Updated 25 January 2022


SPIRIT and me

  Job 33:4 King James Version 4 The spirit of God hath made me,  and the breath of the Almighty  hath given me life . How important is the H...